Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Nightmare Before Christmas for Mondo


A couple months ago I received one of the most exciting emails of my art life: a message from Mondo asking if I would like to do a poster for Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. For those that aren't familiar, Mondo has legendary status in the movie/illustration world. Working with the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Mondo has been creating officially licensed limited edition movie posters since 1998, and consistently works with some of the best poster artists in the world. Just a year ago I was crossing my fingers hoping I could even snag a Mondo print online before they sold out, working with them wasn't even on my radar. Needless to say I am extremely honored to have worked on such an amazing project.

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out Mondo's archive.

The poster went on sale today around noon, and sold out in almost 5 minutes. Here are the specs:

12" by 36" screen print
Hand numbered
Edition of 325
$50

Although Mondo's copies already sold out, I will be receiving my artist copies soon, and will have those for sale on my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations man! Great poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to snag one of these yesterday and can't wait to see it in person. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poster! Have you considered making a set with other characters? :)

    ReplyDelete